The Indian stock market has seen enormous growth, especially in terms of the number of individuals entering the market. One of the basic requirements for any trader is to choose one of the best trading platforms in India to purchase and sell various instruments. Since there are numerous trading platforms available in India, the below article aims to help you choose the best among the rest.
What is a Trading Platform?
A trading platform is a technology solution or a window that allows you to buy and sell various financial instruments. Whether you are interested in trading in stocks, commodities, derivatives, currencies or any other financial instruments, you can do so securely using these platforms online. They not only help you initiate the transaction but also manage real-time market positions. These days, trading platforms in India come with a host of tools and features that enable you to analyse market conditions, track your trade, etc., thereby optimising your returns.
Choosing the Best Trading Platform in India
If you ask any seasoned trader, the first thing they might recommend is to sign up for the best trading platform. The reason is, a good trading platform will help you make informed decisions, enable faster and more effective trade execution and monitor your investments. Before we dive into the best trading platforms currently in India, let us look at some of the key factors you must consider before choosing the one.
- User-friendly interface: Always opt for an interface which is well-designed and intuitive. This is because a platform offering a user-friendly interface will place the important tools right in front of your eyes for quick and easy accessibility. Remember, speed also plays a key role in choosing the platform since you surely would not want to miss out on an opportunity to increase your profits.
- Tradable assets: Although there may be higher chances of you trading in a single security, having the option to trade in multiple assets is always welcomed. When a trading platform allows you to trade in multiple securities like stocks, commodities, currencies, mutual fund schemes or any other instruments, you get a chance to diversify your portfolio.
- Tools and resources: These days, most of the trading platforms in India offer several research tools and resources. The kind of tools offered and access to resources have become a major differentiating factor among the trading platforms.
- Security: The best way to ensure that your platform offers high security is to check if it is duly certified by the regulatory body, SEBI, and follows the protocols in order to achieve it.
- Fees: Typically, trading platforms charge a trade commission, a maintenance fee for the account and an inactivity fee. Hence, looking for competitive pricing before zeroing down on a particular platform is crucial.
Best Trading Platforms in India
Based on the above factors, some of India’s best trading platforms are below.
|● Place orders instantly from the charting tool
● Transact securely with Rest & Transit Encryption
● Pledge or transfer money through a single window
|● Light, intuitive, with a great user experience
● 90,000+ stocks and F&O contracts across multiple exchanges
● Six different chart styles with more than 100 indications
|Angel One Pro
|● Simple and easy-to-use interface
● Offers loans against shares
● Daily technical and derivative reports for free
|● Customised charts with over 100 indicators
● Personalisation with the widget feature
● Zero commission and account maintenance charges
|5Paisa Trader Terminal
|● Desktop-based platform suited for day traders
● Multiple watchlists with 100 scripts in each
● Intraday charts for the last 30 days
|● Desktop-based trading platform
● Fryers One’s Heat Maps and similar tools for instant analysis
● sophisticated charting feature
Your trading strategy and demands determine the best trading platform for you. Although all the trading platforms mentioned above offer top-class features and services, selecting the one best suited for your strategy is vital.